1. Mike Post. Joined BOAC in 1970. Flew as a pilot, first the VC10 and then the B747 Classic until retirement in 1999. In 1999 initiated and led the successful opposition to the BA-proposed merger of APS and NAPS which had already been agreed by the Trustees subject to Court approval. Served as elected Trustee of APS (and initially NAPS) from 2000 until resignation in 2011 over the failure to pay RPI increases. Whilst a Trustee successfully argued for the separation of the APS and NAPS Boards and for Trustee election candidates to be allowed to circulate election addresses. In 2011 initiated the continuing campaign to restore RPI increases. In 2014 joined the ABAP Committee and was elected Chairman.
2. David Gunner. Joined BEA in 1960 after working for five years with the Middlesex County Council. Five years as clerk then supervisor in Export Cargo. Aircraft Dispatcher from 1965 until 1979, then Duty Officer, Terminal Controller, Ramp Superintendent and finally Manager Ramp Services. Local Trade Union activist since joining company, Staff Rep, Local Panel Rep and Trade Union Branch Secretary. Retired 1994 then set up in business as Courier. NAPS pensioner trustee 2003 until 2006. ABAP member since inception and participant in ABAP activities since 2003.
3. Ian Heath. Joined British Airways 1974. BA Maths (Oxford), MA Operational Research (Lancaster), MBA (Lancaster). 19 years Operational Research. 9 years Revenue Management followed by Planning & Aircraft Purchase. Retired 2006. ABAP representative on ONF CPI
Main Interest: The proper functioning of BA Pensions.
4. Nikki Jones. Joined Loganair in 1989 as Cabin Crew. Joined BA in 1993 as Cabin Crew based in Manchester, then Glasgow and eventually Heathrow. NAPS Pension Trustee for 8 years, Trade Union and Health and Safety Representative. Retired from BA in July 2011. Already a member of ABAP but have become more actively involved since retiring.
Main Interest: Ensuring that BA has a long term commitment to the future viability and strength of our Pensions and that BA and the Trustee's take members concerns on issues seriously.
5. Chris Knowles. Joined BEA as pilot 1966 after graduate engineer at Bristol Siddeley Engines. Flew Vanguard, Trident, Tristar, Viscount & 1-11. Training Captain, successively Flight Technical Manager, Chief Pilot, Marketing Brands Manager. 1990 British Midland: Flight Ops Director- flew DC9. 1994 Global Consultant: Operations & Safety. 2001 Emirates: SVP Flight Ops. 2004 Retired.
Main Interest: Defence of all BA pensioners interests into the future.
6. Mike McDonald. Joined BOAC 1961 as Station Officer Trainee. Manager Seychelles 1974. Denmark 1978. Marketing Manager Europe 1983 based LHR. 1991 General Manager Shuttle. Finally Business Manager UK. Retired 1996. Since worked for BBC & Houses of Parliament.
7. Dayne Markham. Joined RAF as pilot 1951. BOAC1955. Initially navigator. Flew York, Constellation 749, Bri102, Comet4, VC10, 747. Captain 1970. Introduced original “Diver” Doorframe metal detector mid 1970, aircraft plastic armour late 1970. Served BALPA 1971/77. Heathrow Security & National Aviation Security (overseas) 1975/77. Retired 1982. SIA based Singapore 1982/92. ABAP 1990. Committee 1997. Chairman 2008-2012.
Interest: Supporting BA personnel past & present.
8. Jack Shill. Joined BEA 1946 (just after Pontius retired ). Many Positions. BA Cargo and Flight Dispatch. Founder member of ABAP 1990
Interest: ABAP finances & Membership.
9. Ray Smith. Joined RAF 1957. BEA Radio/Radar Technician 1971. Shop Steward EETPU 1980. After merger with BOAC as BA, in TBA on aircraft maintenance, later TBD when workshop moved to Wales. Retired from BA 2004 & joined ABAP. Served on ABAP Committee 2007. Elected 2008. ABAP liaison with Occupational Pensioners' Alliance.
Interest: Overall security of our BA pensions.